The registration and payment deadline, for all courses, is 10 days prior to the start of the course.
Evening 24-Week Supervisory
This 3-part program focuses on providing your supervisors/lead people/ managers the necessary skills to successfully manage situations and lead employees effectively.
Fee: $325 per part
Part 1: Self-Development -
(8 weeks) #5531-01 6-9pm
Part 2: Leading/Developing Others -
Starts Wednesday, January 4, 2017
(8 weeks) #5532-02 6-9pm
Part 3: Process Improvement Tools -
Starts Wednesday, April 5, 2017
(8 weeks) #5533-03 6-9pm
Daytime 12-Week Supervisory Training Program
This practical, streamlined training program is designed to help people develop management skills to carry out their job responsibilities and leadership skills to effectively relate to and communicate with people on their work team, encouraging personal ownership and high performance. The emphasis is on communication, motivation, and people skills, but the curriculum covers a wide range of topics that will give supervisors a food background in what it takes to be an effective leader. Class Size: 12. Materials provided. Includes one-on-one coaching.
Fee: $450 for entire course
Fall: People Skills -
(4 weeks) #5551-01 1:30-4:30pm
- Your responsibilities as a supervisor.
- Understanding yourself and other people: Differing behavior styles
- How to interact with and direct different kinds of people.
- Dealing with difficult people
- Developing a direct, assertive style
Winter: Communication Skills -
Starts Wednesday, January 18, 2017
(4 weeks) #5551-02 1:30-4:30pm
- What kind of communication is needed to be an effective supervisor?
- Keys to good communication
- Why people don't do what they're supposed to do
- How to talk so people listen
- How to listen so people feel respected and heard
- Gender issues in communication
- Providing clear expectations
Spring: Motivation Skills -
Starts Wednesday, March 1, 2017
(4 weeks) #5551-03 1:30-4:30pm
- What motivates people to do a good job?
- The things a supervisor can do to create a positive work environment
- Giving effective feedback
- Performance reviews that are positive, proactive, and productive
- Making a "group" into a "team"
- How to discipline to obtain a positive outcome